Turn to a Jaguar Specialist in Chicago to Diagnose Differential Issues
- October 10, 2022
- Jaguar Repair
- Posted by Luis Avila
- Comments Off on Turn to a Jaguar Specialist in Chicago to Diagnose Differential Issues
Jaguar is a luxurious car company that is known for its quality and performance. Its differential is one of the main components that helps the vehicle turn corners. Each wheel on the Jaguar has its own differential which allows each wheel to rotate at a different speed. This is especially important when the Jaguar is turning, because it allows the wheels on the outside of the corner to rotate differently than the inside wheels without skidding.
The differential has three main parts: the ring gear, the pinion gear, and the spider gears. The ring gear is attached to the Jaguar’s drive shaft and turns with it. The pinion gear is connected to the Jaguar’s driveshaft and meshes with the teeth on the ring gear. The spider gears are located between the ring gear and pinion gear and help them rotate without binding.
If your differential is not functioning properly, it will cause major problems for your Jaguar. Take a look at the signs and causes below and come visit us if you suspect issues.
Check Out These Signs of Problems
Differentials are an important part of a car’s suspension and help to distribute power to the wheels. When they are not working properly, it can cause a number of problems. Below are four signs that there may be an issue with a Jaguar’s differential:
- Unusual noise – If you notice any strange noises coming from the car, it could be a sign that the differential is not functioning correctly.
- Vibration – If the car starts to vibrate excessively, it could be due to a problem with the differential.
- Poor handling – If the car seems to be handling poorly, it could be another sign that something is wrong with the differential.
- Reduced fuel economy – If you notice that your Jaguar’s fuel economy has decreased, it could be due to a problem with the differential.
- Difficulty turning – If your Jaguar is having difficulty making turns, it could be due to a problem with the differential.
- Uneven tire wear – If you notice uneven wear on your Jaguar’s tires, it could be a sign that the differential is not working properly.
- Burning smell – If you smell burning oil while driving, it could indicate that the differential is overheating.
Reasons for Differential Failure
Differentials are an important part of any Jaguar vehicle, and they can fail for a variety of reasons. One common reason for failure is a loss of lubrication. The differential relies on oil for cooling and lubrication, and if the oil level gets too low, the differential can overheat and fail.
Another common reason for failure is a problem with the gears. The gears in the differential can wear down over time, or they may become damaged due to an impact. If the gears are not able to properly mesh, the differential will fail.
Also, the bearings in the differential can also fail. The bearings support the gears and allow them to rotate smoothly. If the bearings break down, the gears will grind against each other and eventually fail.
Differential failures can be costly to repair, so it is important to be aware of the signs of problems. If you notice any strange noises or vibrations coming from your Jaguar, have it inspected by our professionals as soon as possible.
Andre’s Auto Service
Our Jaguar-certified mechanics are expertly trained to fix differentials. When a differential is damaged, it can cause Jaguar vehicles to vibrate or have difficulty in turns. Our mechanics will first inspect the differential to see if it needs to be replaced. They will then remove the old differential and install a new one. Our mechanics are highly skilled and will make sure your Jaguar vehicle is running smoothly before you leave.
The main goal of our company is to provide our clients with the most affordable, dependable car transmission repairs in Chicago, IL. We go the extra mile to assure that we get you back on the road as soon as possible regardless of the condition of your transmission. If you’re looking for the kind of service that you can depend on, then you’ve found the right place. We’ll ensure you get the best care for your car every time.