What Causes Your Land Rover Parking Brake To Fail In Chicago?
- July 19, 2022
- Land Rover Repair
- Posted by Luis Avila
- Comments Off on What Causes Your Land Rover Parking Brake To Fail In Chicago?
If you have a Land Rover, it’s important to know how the parking brake works and what to do if it fails. The parking brake is an essential part of your vehicle and helps keep it in place when you’re not driving. If the parking brake fails, your car could roll away and cause an accident. In this blog post, we will discuss what causes a parking brake to fail and how you can prevent it from happening. We will also provide tips on what to do if your parking brake fails.
What is a Parking Brake?
The parking brake is a device that is used to keep a vehicle stationary when it is not in use. It is typically used when the vehicle is parked on an incline or when it needs to be stopped for a short period of time. The parking brake works by engaging the brakes on the wheels of the vehicle so that they cannot rotate. This prevents the vehicle from rolling away and makes it easier to keep in place. There are two types of parking brakes, manual and automatic. Manual parking brakes are operated by a lever or pedal that is located inside the vehicle. Automatic parking brakes are engaged when the vehicle is put into park mode.
When the parking brake is engaged, the brakes on the wheels are applied and the vehicle is prevented from moving. The parking brake is an important safety feature that helps to keep the vehicle in place and prevents it from rolling away. If the parking brake fails, it can be very dangerous as the vehicle could roll away and cause an accident. There are several things that can cause a parking brake to fail, including a broken cable, a seized caliper, or a leaking hydraulic system.
Symptoms of Parking Brake Failure in a Land Rover
There are several symptoms that can indicate that your parking brake is failing. If you notice that your parking brake is not holding the vehicle in place when engaged, this is a sign that there may be a problem. You may also notice that it takes longer for the parking brake to engage or that it does not engage at all. If you experience any of these symptoms, it is important to take your vehicle to a mechanic as soon as possible.
What Causes Parking Brake Failure?
There are several reasons why your Land Rover’s parking brake may fail. These include:
- Worn out brake pads: Over time, the brake pads in your Land Rover will wear out. This can cause the parking brake to fail because there is not enough friction being generated to hold the vehicle stationary.
- Corroded cables: The cables that operate the parking brake can become corroded over time. This can prevent the parking brake from engaging properly.
- Faulty calipers: The calipers that hold the brakes in place can become faulty. This can cause the parking brake to fail because it cannot apply pressure to the brakes properly.
- Low fluid level: If the fluid level in your Land Rover’s braking system is low, this can cause the parking brake to fail.
There are also a few things you can do to help prevent parking brake failure, including:
- Regularly inspect your Land Rover’s braking system for wear and tear
- Replace worn out parts as soon as possible
- Regularly check the fluid level in your Land Rover’s braking system
- Have your Land Rover’s braking system serviced by a qualified mechanic every 12 months or 12,000 miles (whichever comes first)
Trust Andres Auto Service with Your Land Rover
If you’re having problems with your Land Rover’s parking brake, bring it in to Andres Auto Service. Our skilled service technicians can inspect and service your parking brake and make sure that it’s in good working order. We can also replace any parts that may be worn out or broken to ensure your vehicle is safe to drive, and get you set up on a maintenance plan to help prevent any future damage from occurring.
We serve Land Rover drivers in Chicago, IL and surrounding areas. Don’t take chances with your safety— bring your Land Rover to Andres Auto Service for all of your maintenance needs!